About .INFO domains
Nic.info (operated by Donuts) is the sponsor and Donuts is the backend provider for the .INFO extension.
Who can register .INFO domains?
Anyone can register .INFO domain names on a first-come, first-served basis.
When registering a .INFO domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .INFO domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .INFO domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Note: Newly registered .INFO domains have a 5-day hold period before a transfer to another account can be initiated.
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 2-13 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6