About .ws Domains
Global Domains International is the sponsor and KeySystems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ws extensions that represents Western Samoa.
Who can register .ws domains?
Anyone can register .ws domain names.
- Must use: 4 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- We attempt auto-renewal on the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal five days later, and we make a final attempt seven days after that.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 12th day after its expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for more information.
- For example: Your .ws domain name expires on October 10. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on October 10, October 15, and October 22. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by October 29, you can attempt to recover it.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- To successfully transfer a .ws domain name to us, your current registrar must support .ws transfers out.
- We currently do not support the transfer in of .ws emoji domains.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- To transfer away from us, your new registrar must explicitly support .ws transfers in.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 authoritive nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Can not use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.