Create and apply product fees
Create and manage custom product or order fees from the Poynt Smart Terminal or through the Payments Hub in your web browser. Fees that are already associated with an item or catalog will be automatically applied during the order process.
You can also manually apply a fee to a specific product or order when you create the order in the Register app.
Note: You will need to create a catalog and assign it to your Poynt Smart Terminal if you haven't already.
Create fees in your Payments Hub
Create fees through the Payments Hub in your web browser to apply to a specific catalog, category or item. Applicable fees are automatically added during the order process.
- Sign in to your Selling In Person Overview page (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select the Catalogs tab.
- Select Fees.
- Select Add Fee.
- In the Code field, enter a name to help differentiate this fee from others you create.
- Set the Type to either Percentage % or Fixed amount.
- Enter a fee Percentage (%) or Amount ($).
- Switch on the Apply before tax toggle to apply the fee before tax is applied to the order.
- In the Context field, select whether to apply the fee at the Order level or Item level.
- In the Catalog field, select the catalog to which the fee applies.
- Select Save.