Run a transactions report
A transactions report lets you see all card and cash transactions that occurred through GoDaddy Payments during a specified date range. You can generate a transactions report through the Dashboard in your web browser or on your Poynt Smart Terminal.
Transaction reports include all purchases, refunds, declines and voids, the transaction ID and the employee associated with each transaction.
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your GoDaddy Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Reports.
- If prompted, select Transactions Report under Payments.
- In the Type dropdown menu, select Transactions report.
- In the To and From fields, specify the date range for the report.
- Select Generate to pull your report. (This can take a few minutes.)
- You'll receive an email notification when the report is ready. Select the link in the email to return to Reports. The report will appear below your filter selections.
- Select the report to review a summary and breakdown of transactions during the selected time period. You can also adjust the report format, depending on how you want to use the data:
- To download the report in Excel, select Excel. You can filter the report data in Excel by different variables (for example, transactions processed by a specific employee).
- To download the report in PDF format, select PDF (if available).
- Use the filters above the report list to locate a previously generated report based on the report type, employee who ran the report and/or the date the report was generated.
- From your Smart Terminal home screen, tap Settlements or Deposit.
- Tap Reports in the lower-right corner.
- Tap Generate Report.
- In the Type dropdown menu, tap Transactions.
- In the Start date and End date fields, specify the date range for the report.
- In the Employee field, tap a specific employee. Or – leave the field as All employees to run a complete report of every transaction in that date range.
- Tap Generate to pull your report.
- When the report is ready, it will appear on your Smart Terminal screen. Tap View to open and review it.
Note: Reports created on the Smart Terminal will also display in your web browser Dashboard under Reports. Access them in your web browser to download a PDF or Excel version of the report.
The Transactions report includes an overall summary at the top, followed by a breakdown of transactions by type (check, cash, or card). The breakdown also includes the transaction ID for each transaction and the employee that processed the order, when applicable.
When the report is exported to Excel, each section displays as a tab in the Excel sheet.
Check out the example report below to get an idea of the type of info that's included.
- Header: The POS devices and timeframe included in the report, the date the report was generated and the total number of transactions during that time
- Summary: The net total amount for this timeframe, including a summary of refunds, pending charges and tips, if applicable
- Breakdown: Breakdown of the summary amounts by payment methods and types
- Individual transactions: The rest of the report breaks down the individual transactions by type (Card Purchases/Refunds, Check Purchases/Refunds, Cash Purchases/Refunds, Card Declines, Voids and Open Auths). Each transaction includes the date, order ID, amount, tip (if applicable), employee and other relevant details about the transaction. The report above includes an example of a credit card purchase.