Set up HIPAA compliant email
HIPAA requires health care providers to ensure that their business associates will safeguard electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). HIPAA compliant email accounts are one part of the HIPAA compliance process.
To use HIPAA compliant email, you must have at least one Business Premium or Premium Security Microsoft 365 account.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Add-Ons in the upper-left corner.
- Next to HIPAA compliant email, select Get started.
- Select the checkbox next to I agree to the Microsoft 365 HIPAA Business Associate Agreement.
- Enter your contact details. These are required by Microsoft so they can contact all customers in the very unlikely event of a data breach.
- Select Accept & send.
Now that you've signed the Business Associate Agreement (BAA), the email accounts you create are automatically HIPAA-compliant. Remember, HIPAA compliant email is one part of your business being HIPAA compliant.
- If you see a phone number instead of a Get started button, please call (480) 463-8843 to find out how to enable HIPAA compliant email