Update a theme in WordPress
Regularly updating your WordPress themes is vital for keeping your site up and running, as well as secure. You have two options to update a WordPress theme:
- Call our support number and one of our experts can do it for you for a fee.
- Do it yourself following the instructions in the tables below.
WordPress Premium Support
Our support experts can perform the following services for you for a fee:
- Update any number of installed themes to the current live release of the theme(s) using the WordPress Dashboard.
- If none are specified, we will update the currently active theme.
- Manually update one theme.
- Example: A new version of a custom theme, which you provide to us.
Do it yourself
To update a theme in WordPress yourself, use the table below to find the scenario that's applicable and follow those instructions.
Update a theme
|To do it yourself, see one of these steps||Difficulty|
|Update a theme in WordPress||Basic|
|Update a WordPress theme with FTP||Medium|
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.