• GoDaddy Reseller Discussions
  • GoDaddy Reseller Discussions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Custom options for customers, free trials etc

So on the main Go Daddy page you have links for website builder "get started" that lets you build a page etc for free.  Can we offer or other similar offers as resellers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ablake
    Community Manager

Hi @LondonMike 

Welcome to the community!

That's a really good question. Right now, there's no option to offer the free trial or freemium version of Websites + Marketing website builder on your Reseller store. That's something we're eager to roll out to Resellers, but we're facing issues with the fact that it conflicts with commission structure (since it would effectively create a negative balance).

There are also technical considerations, creating a way for each Reseller to opt in or out as desired, and other small details. So it's a bit more complex than it would seem on the surface.

I know this topic is on the board for many discussions in 2021, but as of yet I have no ETA. We will certainly keep everyone posted.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions. 🙂

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    ablake
    Community Manager

Hi @LondonMike 

Welcome to the community!

That's a really good question. Right now, there's no option to offer the free trial or freemium version of Websites + Marketing website builder on your Reseller store. That's something we're eager to roll out to Resellers, but we're facing issues with the fact that it conflicts with commission structure (since it would effectively create a negative balance).

There are also technical considerations, creating a way for each Reseller to opt in or out as desired, and other small details. So it's a bit more complex than it would seem on the surface.

I know this topic is on the board for many discussions in 2021, but as of yet I have no ETA. We will certainly keep everyone posted.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions. 🙂

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

@ablake why not set it up so we can offer website builder free with a one year hosting plan, we get commission on the plan and they get website builder free as a package?  That wouldn't give a negative balance because its a package that includes.

RON COMSTOCK
    ablake
    Community Manager

@abrilsdad I like your thought process there. I'm not sure hosting would be the right product to package it with since the Website Builder is self-hosted, but there are plenty of other products that it could potentially be packaged with. Good idea.

I'm not sure of the technical feasibility, but I'll definitely bring it up to the team. Thanks!

Thank you for the reply,

I had a ton of trouble getting the home button to work. I found with the help of calling in, the instructions are wrong when you hit the ? when inputting for Home URL. It says "Add your domain here (For example, https://coolexample.com) to help provide a seamless experience for your customers. This helps all resellers whether you are using the standard storefront as your main site or an existing site as your main site."
    What it needs to say is " (For example, https://www.coolexample.com)" the www. is missing in the instructions. fix that and it would help many. 🙂

RON COMSTOCK