cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Philnow
New

Moodle Installation in GoDaddy is not Advisable

We installed a Moodle Instance in a shared hosting account of GoDaddy.

We used their Installatron Applications Installer.

When we tried to create a file repository, we cannot locate the MOODLEDATA folder directory.

When we asked for customer support they told us:

The questions you have is part of the content which is out of our scope, all applications or contents that was downloaded to the cpanel is within the user resposibility and not with the technical support scope anymore I do apologize but you may want to do a research about that or look for an expert web developer to help.

moodle is not a GoDaddy product, all contents, folders and installed applications are not within Hosting technical guides support, we do not have an article about that and I already looked at your cpanel file manager but wasn't able to find that folder you are trying to say.

I understand you do not find it helpful but please also understand that we do have limit with our scope you bought our hosting agreeing to the statement of support which you may want to chek https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/statement-of-support

Not Supported:
Any client, script, application or content installed by Customer
Control panel (Parallels Plesk, or cPanel/WHM) plugins & add-ons
Applications in the Parallels Plesk Application Vault and/or cPanel Application Catalog
Installing third-party SSL certificates
Installing a GoDaddy SSL Certificate on GoDaddy shared hosting for add-on domains2
Training about using the Internet3
Configuring your website’s SEO settings
Creating custom DNS zone files
Troubleshooting any third-party services
Helping with any root-level server customizations
Configuring your email client
Configuring your FTP client
Troubleshooting third-party domain registrations
Troubleshooting private name servers
Checking for cross-browser compatibility
Troubleshooting hacks due to customer-controlled vectors

that is the list of the things we won't be able to support, we did not say 100% support, we are seller of Hosting but we are not web developers. Our area of support is purely with the server related, this one is installed by the user so it is a user responsibility

we can refund your money back

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SG4101
Employee

Hello @Philnow and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response and that you are having trouble installing Moodle. While I am not an expert at using Moodle, I was able to locate documentation that has a more in-depth installation guide. Their website also has great resources and has free courses on how to use and troubleshoot Moodle. These are third party websites and GoDaddy provides the platform for you to install the third party application. 

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you found these links helpful while troubleshooting your issue. Enjoy the rest of your weekend 😁

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SG4101
Employee

Hello @Philnow and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response and that you are having trouble installing Moodle. While I am not an expert at using Moodle, I was able to locate documentation that has a more in-depth installation guide. Their website also has great resources and has free courses on how to use and troubleshoot Moodle. These are third party websites and GoDaddy provides the platform for you to install the third party application. 

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you found these links helpful while troubleshooting your issue. Enjoy the rest of your weekend 😁

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post