Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Bobkorvas
New

Deciding which email provider is best

Well three years ago I paid about $400 for my email with Godaddy. yesterday I got billed almost 400% more or $1600. The chat person basically said all of the following: 1) that just the way it is 2) the original price was introductory 3) sorry for your disappointment. I began looking into new hosting service for my domain to do my email for 5-6 email boxes in my small business.  here's my choice: what do you recommend? : 

Custom Domains Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
24/7 Support Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Spam Filtering Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Starts From $6 $2 $1 $100 $3
Email Limit 10000 10000 1000 10000 500
Attachment Limit 25MB 50MB 100MB 100MB 30MB
Minimum # of Accounts 1 1 1 5 3
Maximum # of Accounts 300 10000 1000 10000 1000
Desktop App Windows, macOS, Linux N/A Windows, macOS, Linux Windows, macOS, Linux N/A
Mobile App iOS, Android iOS, Android iOS, Android iOS, Android iOS, Android

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@Bobkorvas 

I'm an end user like you are - before answering your question, I can tell you that GoDaddy does typically offer 20%-40% discount on the first year (or multiple years on initial order) - this discount varies by product.

That said as someone who hosts emails for my clients .... The chart you have while it is helpful what it doesn't take into account is 

1) How much disk space per account?

2) Does this include POP / IMAP or is it Webmail Only?

3) Is the price point based on Annual or Month-to-Month or Multi-Year?

4) Are any of these Office 365 where you are getting the software as well?

All of that being said I can tell you from personal experience  / research...

One platform I use has a flat rate annual fee - and I pay for disk space (60 GB) and I can create as many accounts / domains as I want.

Another platform is $0.50/5GB/Month of space - each mailbox defaults to 5GB

It really depends on what your needs / requirements are - I had a client that need to sync their calendars / contacts / email between devices - I ended up setting them up with Google Suite as that was really the right thing for their needs. Generally speaking I tell people if you want email that is more than just a POP/IMAP account you are looking at a cost of $7-$20/user/month depending on disk space and functionality.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User IV

@Bobkorvas 

I'm an end user like you are - before answering your question, I can tell you that GoDaddy does typically offer 20%-40% discount on the first year (or multiple years on initial order) - this discount varies by product.

That said as someone who hosts emails for my clients .... The chart you have while it is helpful what it doesn't take into account is 

1) How much disk space per account?

2) Does this include POP / IMAP or is it Webmail Only?

3) Is the price point based on Annual or Month-to-Month or Multi-Year?

4) Are any of these Office 365 where you are getting the software as well?

All of that being said I can tell you from personal experience  / research...

One platform I use has a flat rate annual fee - and I pay for disk space (60 GB) and I can create as many accounts / domains as I want.

Another platform is $0.50/5GB/Month of space - each mailbox defaults to 5GB

It really depends on what your needs / requirements are - I had a client that need to sync their calendars / contacts / email between devices - I ended up setting them up with Google Suite as that was really the right thing for their needs. Generally speaking I tell people if you want email that is more than just a POP/IMAP account you are looking at a cost of $7-$20/user/month depending on disk space and functionality.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

thanks for your suggestions @PL281