cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Email Issues Solved - Please Read

This issue has been ongoing for a couple months.  I've worked extensively with Godaddy support as well as my peer.  I am on the west coast / android user and he is on the east coast / apple / mac user.  

I spoke with support and they said that their email is not designed to support full time sending and receiving and that they can't guarantee that all emails are sent and received.  Furthermore, they said that simple emails with subjects such as "test", "hey", "meeting", "update", etc.. are blocked on their servers.  They said that my emails were blocked for potentially being spam and I only had 20 emails to single recipients who I was having conversations with.  

As a result, I missed some critical updates to projects and a proposal to bid on a new job.  So, Godaddy's recommendation to me was to stop using their email system and to use Google Apps or Microsoft 365.  Given the price points and benefits, I chose to migrate to Google Apps, which has been absolutely stellar and their support is far superior.  

I think it's unethical for them to offer a service that they don't recommend using and blocks emails from going through.  In the end, I counted that 30% of my emails did not go through.  The best option is to switch to a low-cost and dependable solution.  Google apps gives you unlimited storage, web conferencing tools, enterprise email, and hosting for $10 a user.  Godaddy Support highly recommended them 

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey @Rhigg, I'm glad that you are now on a system you feel comfortable with. In all things it is about finding the right thing for your needs and it seems that you have done that. I have heard both good and bad things about the GoDaddy email system but I don't see it about the system as it is about what works best for you.

What I wanted to make a note on is your comment:

Rhigg wrote: 

I think it's unethical for them to offer a service that they don't recommend using and blocks emails from going through.

It sounds like the tech you had interactions with let you know what they felt was the best option and offered you the plan that they would probably tell their friends about? I am VERY happy with the Microsoft platform for business and email and have moved several of my customers to their service. I don't see it as unethical to offer a service that one technician doesn't recommend. I don't think you can treat a single opinion as GoDaddy corporate policy. You will find that there are many people that appreciate the low cost email alternatives from GoDaddy.

There was a time where I sold vacuum cleaners. Of course I was on a commission so it was a bit of a different job but there were certainly some products there that I would not advise anyone to purchase. There are dishes at restaurants a server wouldn't advise, cars at dealerships salespeople would steer you away from, suits that a haberdasher would cringe if you tried to buy and so on. For just about anything you can purchase there are people that would recommend it and others who would not. I'm sure that you wouldn't call a appliance store, restaurant chain, car dealership or suit store unethical because of that practice? Right now I sell things that I advise my customers not purchase but who am I to not sale them a .CLOTHING domain name if they want one?

It sounds like you were frustrated and I understand because there seems to be an unfortunate business cost to the issues you had. I know that the Microsoft offering is a bit more pricey than other packages out there but when looking at email you have to be prepared to invest in a robust solution because (as you know) it is highly crucial in today's business environment. As a general FYI what you ended up choosing was a service that I personally would not recommend to my clients. Best of luck going forward.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

I read your response and I would like an email service that works. and if the email server doesn't send or receive, I expect it to tell me. I am a paying customer and I assume you're ok with this type of service. for people such as myself, running a business and supporting a family, I need these leads to come through. I appreciate your response. I feel for the others who are just finding out they are not receiving the product they've paid for
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

You made me read my response over @Rhigg, I don't know where you got that I was suggesting that I was okay with email not working properly? My only real point was that there is a porridge that is just right and the GoDaddy email plan wasn't "just right" for you but that doesn't mean that the selling of it is unethical. I also noted that for business you should choose a robust solution for services that are critical to your business and I recommend the same to all that seek my opinion.

Your actual issue with the GoDaddy email seems like a SPAM issue? I think everyone wants an email service to work, actually I can't think of anyone who doesn't want email to work? The industry in general has a very difficult time filtering emails and sorting what is appropriate. There are unfortunately emails that will get eaten up by filters before you see them (as the tech pointed out). Best of luck in the future with your email. Please also take a look in your SPAM filter often and move emails you see as proper to your inbox. Email services now do a really good job with "learning" what you want and don't want to be flagged (especially Google email).

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

nothing about my emails are spam and they did nothing to indicate that the email were not sent out. that's unethical, and sorry, I want the service that I pay for. I don't think this email service works for anyone. go back to this forum, everyone is experiencing the same crap from godaddy

you truly amaze me. after all of these issues you still think that this service is great for business. a paid account can't even send and receive regular emails. those of which come from existing discussions