• GoDaddy Community
  • Marketing Your Business
  • Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Bilingual Spanish tools for the Growing Hispanic Market

Online presence with the growing Hispanic market has becoming a mayor need for some small entrepreneurs and small businesses as well.

As a bilingual marketing consultant I have found a lack of tools for these kind of websites.

Main basic translator tools are not accurate and bad grammar or bad Spanish just scare users and give clear evidence (bad) of using these tools.  Not good for attracting customers..

What reliable tools are you using for your bilingual Spanish site?
    Are you like me translating your site and the editing and proofreading each sentence?

Thanks for your input. (Gracias)

3 REPLIES 3
    Helper II

Re: Bilingual Spanish tools for the Growing Hispanic Market

At one time I used google translate, but unfortunately the person I sent the message to told me it was no where close to accurate; That was a korean message, so not sure about tools for other languages. Thank you.

A really great tool for English is the App, Grammarly.  I believe that it's an add-on or plug-in for your PC browser.  It makes amazing grammatical corrections.  My first language is English, and it helps me, too!

However, to be really user-friendly, I think that the best thing you can do is to have someone who is really fluent in the language look it over! You will also learn a lot when you see their corrections.

Good luck, I love to see cross-cultural interchanges!

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin) is my go to when it comes to providing multilingual content @CarlosO. WMPL does not use translation like other solutions, instead it provides a framework that allows you to display inline translations. There is also machine translation available using their Advanced Translation Editor.

I personally enjoy the flexibly of adding inline self translated content. I often find that content translated by speakers rather than machine is a better way to convey precise information. The reason I appreciate WPML is because it allows the convenience of machine translation with the ability to self translate content.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head