cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

How to watch YouTube videos... and support your favorite creator

If you are anything like me then you are subscribed to one or two (hundred) YouTube Channels. My feed is filled each day with great independent creators that infuse joy into my day. For some of these creators YouTube is their main source of revenue and others it serves as a supplemental income. Some need this income more now than ever. The good news is you can help simply by watching YouTube videos.

You might find yourself watching more of your favorites YouTubers or discovering new ones. What I wanted to do is encourage you to participate in the success of creators by watching YouTube ads. Wait, wait, wait... I know that it is a radical proposition but these channels are busy churning out content that is becoming more difficult by the post. This is the time to go ahead and deal with those extra seconds and not hit the skip ad button. I can't believe I'm typing this but (this is difficult for me)... I have cancelled my YouTube Premium and am letting ads play while I'm watching content.

We all have to sacrifice a bit right? Help a small business, a local business, a independent entrepreneur, a mom and pop shop... I'm no expert but I suspect that larger and national chains will be just fine but let's go the extra mile for those in our community both physical and virtual.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Great insight @rd. I don't watch nearly as much YouTube as my teenage son does, but he makes up for both of us (and then some). We subscribe to Googles music service and therefore don't even have the opportunity to watch ads. I wonder if Google shares any of that profit with them 🤔

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Creators do get a portion of premium subscriptions but I'm not sure how that revenue share works? I pay yearly for YouTube Premium but YouTube refunded me about nine (9) months which was cool if them. I don't think any of us can compete with the amount of YouTube these kids watch @JesseW, I'm not going to even try.
...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Employee

I love this!  I often find myself losing a bit of time (or hours) to YouTube DIY tutorials.  I'll take you up on your challenge to "not skip the ads"!  It's awesome to think that such a simple thing can help an entrepreneur.  & most of us have got a little more time right now to watch a few extra seconds! 

Rachel | GoDaddy Care Supervisor | Get Support @ x.co/247support
"Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life."

Thank you @RachelRay Rachel for your comment on taking a moment to watch the ads. As a small business owner it means so much to have supporters like you!
SoSalt.net