Create a product catalog
Create a product catalog for your Poynt Smart Terminal that includes all the products that you sell. Your product catalog works hand in hand with the Register app on your Poynt Smart Terminal, where you use the products to build orders and process transactions.
You can create and assign product catalogs from your web browser or directly on the Poynt Smart Terminal itself.
Note: We recommend creating the initial catalog in your web browser, since you’ll have the option to bulk upload products and assign the catalog to multiple devices. It’s usually a lot quicker, especially if you’ve got more than one device.
Create a product catalog, add products, and assign the catalog to your device(s) – all in one place.
One default catalog is automatically created for your Poynt Smart Terminal based on your store name. (You can rename it if you’d like.)
- Sign in to your Selling In Person Overview page (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Catalogs.
- Select Create Catalog.
- Add a new or existing catalog:
- To create a new catalog - Select Create New and enter a Name for the catalog. Select Save.
- To use an existing catalog - Choose Select existing and check the box next to the catalog(s) to add. Select Add.
- Add products to your catalog by importing, uploading or manually entering them. You’ll need to add at least one product to the catalog before you can assign it to your device.
- Select the catalog that you want to assign to a terminal, then select Assign to Terminal.
- You’ll see a list of devices that are associated with your GoDaddy Payments account. Next to the device where you want to assign the catalog, select Actions > Assign. This connects the product catalog to your device.
- On your Poynt Smart Terminal home page, tap Catalog to see the linked product catalog and all associated products.