Tips for using the product catalog
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of creating and using your catalog.
- We recommend using the Dashboard in your web browser to create a product catalog and add products. It's usually fastest — and if you've got a lot of items to add, the extra time adds up quickly. The Dashboard also has a bulk upload tool, where you can upload multiple products at once.
- You can manage product inventory directly through the Catalog app on your GoDaddy smart terminal, or by syncing your device with your online store.
- Only one catalog can be assigned to the smart terminal at a time. Use categories to organize seasonal or different types of products when adding them to your product catalog.
- All products added to your GoDaddy Payments account will also automatically be available to sell in the GoDaddy mobile app, regardless of the catalog they're assigned to.
- Use only letters and numbers in the names of your product category names. Special characters may prevent you from modifying the catalog in the future.
- Remember to refresh the Register app on the smart terminal to sync your catalog changes. Steps for this vary, depending on which version of the Register app you’re using:
- Register app (original): Open the Register app, tap Register, then Settings, and then Refresh Register.
- Register app (beta): Open the Register app, tap the menu on the upper left-hand side (next to Sale), then tap Refresh Register.