Add customer tips to transactions
If you enabled tips on your Poynt Smart Terminal and allow customers to write the tip amount on a printed receipt, you’ll need to adjust transactions daily to include the tip amounts. If you don’t add tips before the Close of Day, the day’s payments will be deposited without tips.
You can adjust tips for in-person transactions processed through the Terminal, Register or Orders app on the Smart Terminal, unless the customer explicitly chose No Tip or Skip Tip, or already added a tip at the point of sale.
You cannot add tips to Online Pay Links, purchases made through Virtual Terminal, or purchases made through your Websites + Marketing or Managed WordPress Ecommerce online store.
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Transactions.
- If you see an alert banner at the top of the page, you have one or more transactions awaiting tips. Select Review and Add Tips.
- In the Tips column, enter the tip amount for each transaction.
- Select Save.
- From the Smart Terminal home screen, open the Settlements app and select the Transactions tab.
- Find the transaction in the list. Tap Edit next to the transaction.
- Enter the tip amount.
- Tap Save. You’re done!