Run an orders report
An orders report lets you see all orders that you've processed through GoDaddy Payments – online or in person. You can generate an order report through the Dashboard in your web browser or on your Poynt Smart Terminal.
Order reports include a summary of all orders, products sold, adjustments (like tips, discounts and taxes), the transaction ID and the employee associated with each order.
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your GoDaddy Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Reports.
- If prompted, select Orders Report under Payments.
- In the Type dropdown menu, select Orders report.
- In the To and From fields, specify the date range for the report.
- Select Generate to pull your report. (This can take a few minutes.)
- You'll receive an email notification when the report is ready. Select the link in the email to return to Reports. The report will appear below your filter selections.
- Select the report to review a summary and breakdown of transactions during the selected time period. You can also adjust the report format, depending on how you want to use the data:
- To download the report in Excel, select Excel. You can filter the report data in Excel by different variables (for example, transactions processed by a specific employee).
- To download the report in PDF format, select PDF (if available).
- Use the filters above the report list to locate a previously generated report based on the report type, employee who ran the report and/or the date the report was generated.
- From your Smart Terminal home screen, tap Settlements or Deposit.
- Tap Reports in the lower-right corner.
- Tap Generate Report.
- In the Type dropdown menu, tap Orders.
- In the Start date and End date fields, specify the date range for the report.
- In the Employee field, tap a specific employee. Or – leave the field as All employees to run a complete report of every transaction in that date range.
- Tap Generate to pull your report.
- When the report is ready, it will appear on your Smart Terminal screen. Tap View to open and review it.
Note: Reports created on the Smart Terminal will also display in your web browser Dashboard under Reports. Access them in your web browser to download a PDF or Excel version of the report.
The orders report includes an overall summary of the payment amount, order and amount of products at the top, followed by a breakdown of orders by status (paid, open). The breakdown also includes the transaction ID and products included in each order and the individual employee that processed the order, when applicable.
When the report is exported to Excel, each section displays as a tab in the Excel sheet.
Check out the example report below to get an idea of the type of info that's included.
- Location: The POS devices and locations included in the report.
- Timeframe: The report timeframe and the date the report was generated.
- Summary: The net total amount for this timeframe, number of orders, total number of items sold and number of unpaid/open orders.
- Breakdown: Breakdown of the summary amounts by order status. The rest of the report includes order details for each transaction, including date, transaction ID, items sold, item total and adjustments (like taxes or tips) applied at the order level, amount paid and employee.
Note: Orders entered via the on-device Terminal or Manual Entry apps do not include an order number or item description. These will say "no order info" above the transaction ID in the Order column, and the Items column will be blank.