Set up and Configure Shipping Labels for Managed WooCommerce Stores
Setting up and configuring the native shipping labels feature for Managed WooCommerce Stores will allow you to create and manage labels directly from your WordPress admin dashboard. You can easily compare live shipping rates for carriers connected to your account, create and print labels, as well as find tracking codes if provided by the shipping carrier.
Sign up and Connect ShipEngine to your store
To signup for a ShipEngine account, you can:
- Sign into WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select WooCommerce, and then select Settings.
- Select the Shipping tab and click on Shipping Labels.
- Click on Set up ShipEngine Account.
Note: You can also initiate sign up by clicking on the Set up ShipEngine Account button on the Edit Order page.
- Confirm the pop-up that appears to continue being routed to the ShipEngine signup.
- Next, you can connect a carrier account. For merchants based in the US, a USPS account is automatically provisioned, so you can click on the Connect Carriers Now button to proceed.
If you don't want to connect any carrier accounts right now, you can click on the Skip for Now button and you'll be redirected directly to the end of this signup flow. Doing that will not provision the USPS account and you'll need to connect carriers manually from the ShipEngine dashboard. We strongly recommend connecting at least one carrier before getting started with creating shipping labels via our integration.
Note: If you decide to skip the account connection process, steps 7-8 will be skipped, so you can move to step 9.
- Before you add your billing information, you'll need to read and agree to the Terms and Conditions for the USPS Promotional Rates and Technology Agreements. Check the box and click on the Agree and Continue button when you're ready.
- Time to add your Billing Details. If you want to use a ShipEngine Carrier Account, you’ll need to add funds to your ShipEngine account and complete the signup process. Click on the Complete Activation button when you're ready to proceed.
- Next, you'll need a minimum balance of $10 in funds to proceed. The Auto-Funding switch is enabled by default. You can set specific conditions so your ShipEngine account will draw extra funds from your credit card automatically. If this feature remains enabled, funds will be added automatically when the account is under a specific amount. More specifically:
- You can control when more funds will be added in the When balance falls below field. This allows you to set the minimum amount of funds to keep in your account.
- When the condition above is met, you can define the amount you'd like added to your account in the Add the following amount field.
- Lastly, you can set a limit on how many times per day this auto-funding process can happen. Set the number in the Stop after this many times per day field.
Your overall balance for your ShipEngine funds cannot exceed $10.000,00.
- You are done! Click on the Complete button to proceed to the ShipEngine dashboard.
From this dashboard, you can connect additional carriers and add more funds in the future. Kindly note that only carriers that are connected to your ShipEngine account will be used to compare rates when creating a new label on your store.
- Find out how you can reconnect your ShipEngine account.
- Learn how you to Disconnect your ShipEngine account from Managed WooCommerce Stores.
- Check how you can Reconnect shipping labels to your Managed WooCommerce Stores site to your Managed WooCommerce Stores site.