• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

I want to setup my website for mobile view as m.mydomain.com and for desktop www.mydomain.com

i want to setup my website for mobile vew as m.mydomain.com and for desktop www.mydomain.com but how??

my domain name tvs-live.com

i want to do , when i visit it from mobile it show m.tvs-live.com

when visit from pc, www.tvs-live.com.

but how??

and, like facebook or other, i dont want to need  again post on m.tvs-live.com , mean my all post and content should be show at both. but how? please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: I want to setup my website for mobile view as m.mydomain.com and for desktop www.mydomain.com

Hi @Sam33n@fxabkader124@ayaan-mizan@CarlMax, and @JohnMuller44,

Welcome to the Community!

The subdomain of "m" was originally used for websites that were not dynamic and would not work well on a mobile device. The web-designer would then design a 2nd custom site to fit the mobile device, using the same (or different, if desired) content for the end viewer. As noted in a previous reply, this action is no longer necessary - due to advances in programming - as the site appears well on both computer and mobile.

If you still wish to have this available for your customers, you can set it up in a shared hosting plan that will support more than one website (above an economy plan). You would have your primary domain (thebusiness.com) be the site for full viewing on a computer. [The "www" designation is just a CName host addition to direct back to the main IP address with an "@" as the "points to".]

Then you can create the subdomain of m.thebusiness.com within the cPanel plan, assigning it to the folder that will hold the content of the mobile-designed website. 

Hope this helps!

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
    Highlighted
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: I want to setup my website for mobile view as m.mydomain.com and for desktop www.mydomain.com

Your website is already responsive, meaning it automatically adjusts to conform to the screen it's being viewed on.  This is the preferred method.

The only reason to split it between a desktop and mobile site would be if you needed to present different content for those users, but it sounds like you do want them to access the same content.

Highlighted

i want to keep same content on m.mydomain.com and www.mydomain.ccom like facebook.com, ntvbd. com , 

and i want to do that . can u help  me??

Highlighted
    Super User II

Go to your website on a mobile device.  How do you want it to be different than that?  If it's just the domain then I'd say that's just silly.

Highlighted

i want to show before my link m.  when visit by mobile

Highlighted
    Super User II

Why?  Your main website is already set up for mobile viewing.

With the example of Facebook, their main website is not set up for mobile viewing.  It's actually a different site that's served to mobile devices.

Highlighted

iCloud password bypass

Highlighted

Does It work for you guys?

Just asking

Highlighted

??

Highlighted

Hey John,

I have tried almost everything that you said and still facing the same issue I don't know what else should be done in order to make it right, Can You please suggest me something better, as my boss is asking me to try something new and I am not a professional developer so yeah I am facing real challenges while solving it. Please have a look and suggest me what next?

My Website: Cute Plushies

Highlighted

Good idea.... I aslo want add m.mydomain.com in mobile version. 

My site :  bangla converter

Highlighted
    New

Hi,

Have you found any working solution for this? I am also looking to implement exact setup for my website https://www.realrosebear.com

Awaiting your response.

Thanks beforehand

Highlighted
    Solution

Hi @Sam33n@fxabkader124@ayaan-mizan@CarlMax, and @JohnMuller44,

Welcome to the Community!

The subdomain of "m" was originally used for websites that were not dynamic and would not work well on a mobile device. The web-designer would then design a 2nd custom site to fit the mobile device, using the same (or different, if desired) content for the end viewer. As noted in a previous reply, this action is no longer necessary - due to advances in programming - as the site appears well on both computer and mobile.

If you still wish to have this available for your customers, you can set it up in a shared hosting plan that will support more than one website (above an economy plan). You would have your primary domain (thebusiness.com) be the site for full viewing on a computer. [The "www" designation is just a CName host addition to direct back to the main IP address with an "@" as the "points to".]

Then you can create the subdomain of m.thebusiness.com within the cPanel plan, assigning it to the folder that will hold the content of the mobile-designed website. 

Hope this helps!

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post