Problems with the Poynt Smart Terminal printer
If your printer won’t print a receipt, or is printing faintly, here are some ways you can troubleshoot it.
Step 1: Check the paper roll
Open the printer to make sure that it’s loaded with a roll of paper.
- The paper roll should be properly wound, and not too loose.
- It should be oriented so that the end of the paper rolls out from the top.
Step 2: Check the battery level
Swipe down twice from the top of the screen to see how much power the battery has. The battery must have 20% or more power to print. If the Poynt Smart Terminal has less than 20% power, or if the receipts are printing too lightly, charge the battery by placing the Poynt Smart Terminal on its docking station.
Step 3: Reboot and run a test print
- Power down the Poynt Smart Terminal. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- Tap Reboot on the menu that appears.
- After the Poynt Smart Terminal reboots, swipe down twice from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Test the printer by tapping Accessory > Test Printer > Print Test.
Contact customer support
If you’ve tried all of these, and your printer is still not printing, contact customer support. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.
- Learn more about how to connect your printer to your Poynt Smart Terminal.
- If you need to give a customer another receipt, you can reprint or resend a receipt.