Set up Braintree for WooCommerce
Connect the Braintree plugin to your Braintree Direct account to start accepting payments.
- Login to your Braintree Control Panel.
Select the gear icon in the upper right corner and click API.
From here, you can click View to view an existing set of API keys or Generate New API Key to create a new set.
When viewing keys, copy the Public Key, Private Key, and Merchant ID.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments and select either of the Braintree gateways.
Paste the copied Public Key, Private Key, and Merchant ID into the associated fields under the Connection Settings.
- Click Save changes.
- You can configure the credit card settings for the Braintree for WooCommerce credit card gateway.
- If using PayPal with Braintree, you can configure the PayPal settings for the gateway.
- If you want to accept payments in multiple currencies, you can add credentials for different merchant accounts.
- Dynamic Descriptors let you control how your charges appear on customer credit card statements for specific purchases.
- Fraud and verification tools
- Braintree for WooCommerce FAQ
- Braintree for WooCommerce troubleshooting
- Braintree for WooCommerce full documentation on WooCommerce.com