Set up my Web Application Firewall (WAF) and CDN
If you purchased a Website Security, there are a few steps you'll need to take to activate the Web Application Firewall(WAF) and Content Delivery Network (CDN). The Content Delivery Network (CDN) will automatically start working once the WAF is activated.
Note: If your Domain and Website Security plan are in the same GoDaddy account, it only takes a few minutes to complete. Once set up is complete, you won't be able to edit the DNS records for the website associated with the WAF. If you need to edit those records, contact customer support.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Next to Website Security and Backups, select Manage All .
- For the domain you want to setup WAF and CDN, select Set Up under Firewall.
- If your Domain and Website Security plan are in the same GoDaddy account, the set up completes in a few minutes. If your DNS is hosted in a different account, you'll need to do a few additional steps.
Note: At this time you must whitelist your home IP address (otherwise you may have difficulty logging into your website's Admin page), to do so simply select the Access Control menu item from the top and enter your IP address in the box provided. Then select Whitelist to the right of the box.
Additional steps for DNS hosted elsewhere
- Use the link supplied under Internal Domains to make sure your site loads correctly.
- Login to the account where your DNS is hosted and configure the A Record so it points to our Website Firewall using the IP address listed under Firewall IP address.
- Once your A Record has updated, the Website Security dashboard will update and show that the service has been activated. This can take up to 24 hours to complete.
- If you have a firewall on your hosting server (like CSF or ModSecurity), we recommend that you whitelist our IP addresses (listed below). As all connections to your hosting server will be passing through our firewall, by whitelisting our IP addresses, it will prevent us from being blocked incorrectly.
Note: If you purchased Website Security Advanced or Premium, the content delivery network (CDN) will be enabled automatically after the IP address change is complete.
- We provide a free SSL certificate for your use. It may take a few hours to be generated and requires that your domain is active with the WAF first. If you want to use a different SSL certificate, please upload your key and certificate.
- Scan my website for malware
- 502, 504 or redirect error when I open my website after Web Application Firewall (WAF) setup