cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to transfer domain from namecheap to godaddy account

I want to transfer my domain 10bestmods from namecheap to godaddy account. Please tell me how much it cost or is it free. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: How to transfer domain from namecheap to godaddy account

@anouman195 wrote:

I want to transfer my domain 10bestmods from namecheap to godaddy account. Please tell me how much it cost or is it free. 

@anouman195 It's going to cost the same as a .com renewal since that's technically what you're paying for. You'll receive an additional year onto the registration of the domain. Go to your namecheap account and unlock the domain and get the authorization code and follow these instructions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/transfer-my-domain-to-godaddy-1592

---

I also want to transfer my domain name Hackgms

from Hostgator to Godaddy, How can I solve this please?

New

I'm also looking to transfer my domains (although from TSO Host): The Golf Wish, Your Kitchen Zone, and Cycling Off-Grid.

Hi @Ardral,

Welcome to the Community!

The basic instructions for transferring most domains to GoDaddy can be viewed here. Make sure you have not registered or transferred the domain in the last 60 days, as it will be locked - by ICANN -  at your current registrar. 

You will need to:

1. Unlock the domain

2. Obtain the Authorization Code (aka EPP Code, or Domain password)

3. Purchase a transfer from GoDaddy.com

For most transfers, the registration will be extended by one year. Some CCTLDs require special transfer actions. You can go here, and choose the ending of your domain for further transfer details. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support