Allow my customers to buy online and pick up orders in person
If you sell physical products both online and in person, allow customers to purchase their items online then pick them up in person.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site.
- In your Dashboard, select Commerce and under Reports & Settings choose Shipping Methods.
- Next to In-Person Pickup, select Add or Edit.
- Write how you want customers to see this option named when they check out. For example, "In-person pickup" or "Store pickup."
- If necessary, adjust the pickup location. The fields are pre-populated from your business settings. Changes you make here will only affect this in-person pickup location.
- Check the box My products are available for immediate pickup to immediately notify your customers that their order is ready for pickup. You can add a customizable buffer time before orders are ready.
Example: If you select 10 minutes for ASAP orders, customers will see “ASAP (Ready in about 10 minutes)” when they check out. Or, let's say you select 3 days for ASAP orders, the first available day to pick up that order will be three full days after the order is placed.Note: If this box is unchecked, you'll need to manually notify customers when orders are ready for pickup.
- If you'd like, add specific instructions for picking up orders. These instructions are shown to customers on the checkout page.
- Switch the Allow customers to specify preferred pickup days and times within set hours at checkout toggle on if you want customers to be able to set up designated times to pick up their order.
- Set specific days and times customers can pick up their orders. Each day can have up to two windows of time.
- Select specific windows of time when customers can pick up their order. For example, if people can pick up from 9 AM to 5 PM on Monday with a 2-hour window, they'll see 9 AM - 11 AM, 11AM - 1 PM, etc. as options.
Note: If you select All Day from the dropdown menu, this allows customers the entire business day to pick up their order.
- Limit how far in the future customers can delay scheduling a time to come pick up their order up to 90 days out.
If you're curious what the process is like for your customers, test the checkout process yourself. Open your site in a new tab or window and put a product in your cart, then select Checkout. In the first step, select In-Person Pickup. When you're finished, select Return to Store and remove the item from your cart.
- If you also have a Poynt Smart Terminal, you can process your pickup order on the Poynt Smart Terminal. (United States)
- Print your order if you want a physical copy of the order.
- If a customer changes their mind, then cancel the order.
- Change shipping methods and then ship your orders for orders you want to mail to customers.
- Download orders from your online store to see all your orders in a spreadsheet outside of your Commerce Hub or Payments Hub.