Change the domain on my Managed WordPress website
You can change the domain name of your Managed WordPress account.
You can watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- On the menu bar, select Settings.
- In the Domains section, select Attach Domain.
- In the Choose a domain pull-down menu, select a domain from this account or select Add an external domain or subdomain to use a domain registered in another account or a subdomain.
- Select Make this the primary domain for your account.
- Select Attach.
Note: It can take up to 24-48 hours for any DNS changes to take effect.
Show me how
After changing the domain name, you might want to update the domain name's DNS settings. You can locate those in View my IP address.
You can manually enter a domain that is not in your GoDaddy account by updating the A record for that domain to point it to your Managed WordPress IP Address.
If you have a SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, uninstall it before you change your primary hosted domain. For more information, see Revoke a certificate.