Customize my chat widget
Customize your chat widget to reflect your brand, so gaining your customers’ confidence when they chat with you on your website.
- In a web browser, go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and tap the down arrow.
- Tap your site.
- Tap Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- In the lower-right corner, tap , then tap Chat. You’ll see the options available to customize the chat widget.
- Some changes require you to republish your website. If you see a Done button at the top of the screen, tap it, then publish your website. If there's no Done button, your changes were made immediately—no need to republish.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Under WEBSITE ADD-ONS, select Chat. You’ll see a preview of what your chat looks like. The menu on the right gives you options to customize the chat widget.
- Updating your availability hours and enabling or disabling bots happens immediately. For all other changes, republish your website by selecting Done at the top of the right menu, then publish your website.
Change the greeting
Select Greeting Message to enable and change the chat message your customers see 10 seconds after they’ve landed on your website. This makes them aware that there’s a chatbot ready to help and starts the conversation.
Change the chat color, position, and avatar
Under Chat Color you’ll find the option to position your chat widget either bottom left or bottom-right in your website. You’ll also be able to update the featured color of your chat widget and upload an avatar image that represents your brand.
Change the confirmation message
When a customer sends you a message through Chat, they receive a confirmation message to let them know you’ve received it. You can change the text of this message under Confirmation Message.
Enable Hello and Order chatbots
Under Chatbots you can enable or disable two chatbots—the Hello bot and the Order bot.
- The Hello bot automatically responds to basic greetings, such as “Hi,” or “Hello”. It asks for more information before either handing customers over to the Order bot for queries about an order or sending a message to your inbox.
- The Order bot is for e-commerce websites. If a customer has placed an order through your website, the Order bot will update them with their order status or give them basic information about their order.
Set your availability hours
By default, your availability hours are set to the times when you respond on average. You can, however, specify the days and times when you’re available under Availability Hours.
Enable or disable Chat
Switch Enable Chat on or off to add the chat widget to your website or remove it.