Upcoming event: See how our commerce options can help your business adapt to the shifting landscape at GoDaddy Open 2021 on September 28.
Continue the conversation in GoDaddy’s #OpenWeStand community forum.
Connect with other small business entrepreneurs to share creative solutions, exchange ideas, gather feedback, build relationships and troubleshoot technical issues.
This post was originally published on March 19, 2020, and was updated on March 27, 2020, April 2, 2020, April 15, 2020 and April 21, 2020.
Governments everywhere are launching programs to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19. This list contains government resources and information that you may find useful as you navigate the weeks and months ahead.
This is meant as a starting place. We’ll continue to monitor and update this list with new resources so you can find assistance that’s available. But even with our best efforts this list will not be exhaustive. If possible, find and contact your local government officials and agencies.
Disclaimer: These programs are offered by individual governments and not GoDaddy. Please see the linked pages for applicable terms, restrictions and instructions governing all programs.
Government assistance resources by region
- Department of Finance – The Economic Response Plan site has links to all of the financial support resources available to individuals and businesses.
- Support for businesses – List of the actions taken to support businesses facing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19.
- Support for entrepreneurs impacted by COVID-19 – List of new relief measures for qualified businesses, effective March 18, 2020.
- Purchase order financing – Get financing that provides up to 90% of a purchase order amount, so you can free up cash to pay your suppliers.
- Federal Small Business Administration (SBA) – The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides loans to help overcome a temporary loss of revenue.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States – For exporters, learn about relief provisions provided by EXIM.
- US state and local resources for small businesses impacted by COVID-19 – Find resources for local governments and all 50 states.
- Die Wirtschaftskammer – Learn about aid available to Austrian businesses.
- Federale Overheidsdienst Financiën – Read about aid measures related to COVID-19 for businesses.
- Geraardsbergen – List of resources for businesses in the town of Geraardsbergen.
- Virksomhedsguiden – Get information about compensation for your business.
- Työ- ja Elinkeinoministeriö – Read about development assistance for companies disrupted by coronavirus.
- Ministère de l’Économie et des Finances – Find details for the immediate measures to support business faced with COVID-19.
- Bundeswirtschaftsministerium – Learn about aid and other measures being put into place by the government to protect businesses.
- KfW-Corona-Hilfe: Kredite für Unternehmen – Apply for business, self employed and freelancer loan assistance.
- Fjármála- og Efnahagsráðuneytið – Read a long list of frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 and business in Iceland.
- Ministero dell’Economia e delle Finanze – Find available government measures to reduce the economic impact of COVID-19.
- Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland – Guarantee a loan if you’re a small business with little collateral to borrow money.
- Belastingdienst – Help to get through these difficult times include tax payment deferrals, temporary reduction of interest, and more
- Rijksoverheid – Temporary provisions are available for 3 months, including income support, deferred loan payments, lower interest rates, and more.
- Nærings- og fiskeridepartementet – Questions and answers for Norwegian businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Tarcza antykryzysowa – The second pillar of this five pillar program focuses on helping Polish businesses.
- Tax relief for businesses – Businesses may be entitled to defer payment of taxes or pay them in installments for an interest-free period of six months.
- Verksamt.se – Read about the temporary changes in laws and regulations for entrepreneurs.
- Finansdepartementet – See details about the crisis packages for Swedish companies and employee jobs.
- Eidgenössisches Finanzdepartement – Learn about financial assistance available to SMEs.
- Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19 – General government resource page for employers and businesses.
- Financial support for businesses during coronavirus (COVID-19) – A collection of financial support you can get for your business.
- Scotland Rates Relief and SMB Grants – Learn about the measures put into place to support businesses, including rates relief and grants.
- Coronavirus information and support for business – Get details about several initiatives designed to address the economic impact of COVID-19 on businesses.
- Business Victoria, Dealing with coronavirus – Get advice, updates and support to help plan and respond to COVID-19.
- Government of Western Australia – Media statement detailing small business support services in response to COVID-19, including dedicated hotline numbers for business owners.
- COVID-19: Information for business – Get details on the government economic response package. It includes a wage-subsidy scheme, leave and self-isolation support, business cash flow and tax measures, and a wider $12.1 billion package.
- Guidance on supporting preferential policies on taxes and fees for epidemic prevention and control and economic and social development – Learn about planned policies to support businesses so they can resume work and production.
- Policies to strengthen financial support of businesses – Review over thirty different policies developed to support businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Hong Kong Relief Burden – Find out about relief options, such as a concessionary low-interest loan with a 100% government guarantee for enterprises, and more.
- 経済産業省 – Learn about the latest trade and industry support measures designed to help businesses.
- Stabilization and support packages – Learn about different packages, including an 8% wage rebate, government co-funded wage increases for Singaporean employees, a 25% rebate of tax payable, a 15% property tax rebate for qualifying commercial properties, and more.
- COVID-19 Support Package Press Release – See the details of a 20 trillion government support package.