Run an items report
An items report shows you the type and number of products sold through GoDaddy Payments during the reporting period. You can generate an order report through the Dashboard in your web browser or on your Poynt Smart Terminal.
Items reports include a summary of all products sold, any adjustments (like item level discounts or modifiers), the final amounts collected for a product, and a breakdown of each product sale by date (including the transaction ID and order status).
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your GoDaddy Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Reports.
- If prompted, select Items Report under Payments.
- In the Type dropdown menu, select Items report.
- In the To and From fields, specify the date range for the report.
- Select Generate to pull your report. (This can take a few minutes.)
- You'll receive an email notification when the report is ready. Select the link in the email to return to Reports. The report will appear below your filter selections.
- Select the report to review a summary and breakdown of transactions during the selected time period. You can also adjust the report format, depending on how you want to use the data:
- To download the report in Excel, select Excel. You can filter the report data in Excel by different variables (for example, grouped by transaction ID).
- To download the report in PDF format, select PDF (if available).
- Use the filters above the report list to locate a previously generated report based on the report type, employee who ran the report and/or the date the report was generated.
- From your Smart Terminal home screen, tap Settlements or Deposit.
- Tap Reports in the lower-right corner.
- Tap Generate Report.
- In the Type dropdown menu, tap Items.
- In the Start date and End date fields, specify the date range for the report.
- In the Employee field, tap a specific employee. Or – leave the field as All employees to run a complete report of every transaction in that date range.
- Tap Generate to pull your report.
- When the report is ready, it will appear on your Smart Terminal screen. Tap View to open and review it.
Note: Reports created on the Smart Terminal will also display in your web browser Dashboard under Reports. Access them in your web browser to download a PDF or Excel version of the report.
The items report includes an overall summary of item quantities sold, adjustment amounts and total sales amounts per item, followed by a breakdown of all items sold. The breakdown also includes the transaction ID, products, charges and adjustments in each order.
When the report is exported to Excel, each section displays as a tab in the Excel sheet.
Check out the example report below to get an idea of the type of info that's included.
- Location: The POS devices and locations included in the report.
- Timeframe: The report timeframe and the date the report was generated.
- Summary: The total amount of items sold, including any modifiers, discounts, taxes and fees applied at the item level. Using the example above as a guide:
- 3 Americanos were sold, one of which had an extra charge due to a modifier. The cost associated with the extra shot is $7.00.
- Looking at the next item in the summary, 3 coffees were sold, one of which was a medium and cost an extra $4.00.
- None of the items had a discount, tax or fee applied at the item level, so those fields show $0.00. Discounts, taxes and fees applied at the order level will appear in the orders report.
- Item Details: Breakdown of each individual item and the date it was sold. This section includes the applicable taxes, fees or discounts applied to each item, the grand total including any price adjustments, and the order status (Paid or Pending).