Which payment methods work with GoDaddy Payments?
In GoDaddy Payments, you can accept payments in many ways across several supported devices: through your online store, on a virtual terminal, with a Poynt Smart Terminal, or through the GoDaddy mobile app – with or without the Poynt Card Reader.
- Credit or debit cards: GoDaddy Payments accepts all major credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Apple Pay and Google Pay are also accepted. You’ve got a few options, depending on what works best for you and the way you sell:
- Customers can use credit or debit cards to pay for purchases in your Websites + Marketing or Managed WordPress Ecommerce online store.
- Looking to optimize your In-Person Selling experience? When you purchase a Poynt Smart Terminal or Poynt Card Reader, your customers can directly tap, insert or swipe their physical cards to pay for their purchases.
- No physical credit card? No problem! Manually enter your customers’ credit card info with Virtual Terminal or the keypad interface on the GoDaddy mobile app. Customers can also use digital wallet integrations such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Create a single use QR code in the GoDaddy mobile app. Customers can scan the code, and manually enter their own credit card info to finish the transaction.
- Create and share online pay links with your customers to easily accept credit card payments for products, services, donations, invoices, and more.
- NFC (contactless payments): Poynt Smart Terminal and Poynt Card Reader devices support contactless payments like Apple Pay and Google Pay, enabling customers to simply wave or tap their card or device to make a payment. With Tap to Pay and the GoDaddy mobile app, you can accept all types of in-person, contactless payments, right on your phone — no extra card readers or hardware needed.
- Cash: The checkout process in the Poynt Smart Terminal and Poynt Card Reader is set up to accept cash as payment from your In-Person customers. With a Poynt Smart Terminal, you can even connect additional accessories (like a cash drawer) to keep all your money safe and accounted for.
- Other ways to pay: With the Poynt Smart Terminal, you can easily accept additional payment methods from your customers, including personal checks and store credit.