Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbriere
New

Unclear website text on Discount Domain Club page

Your pricing for .co domains at: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/discount-domain-club#pricing  is really misleading.  It clearly says that your regular pricing is $24.99 and the Discount Domain Club Price is $11.99. When i called about being charged $24.99, I was told that this was only for first year and that the regular pricing is $35!  That's really misleading, I thought this was $11.99 per year.

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@dbriere 

I am a domain discount member as well - I was curious - and it does show the $24.99 renewal price

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.20.31 PM.png

Also here is while not being logged in and it does show the regular price is the $34.99

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.24.16 PM.png

So yes you were charged the correct price....and it does say pricing subject to change....

I just checked a .info I have in my account (which happened to be a transfer) and it shows the renewal price as the $14.99 on that page

So I think it should be Domain Discount Club First year price & Renewal price - for .com & .net i believe it is the same

I'm going to forward this post to GoDaddy Management to take a look at.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

PL281
Super User IV

@dbriere 

As a quick followup - I discovered that if you are not logged into your account that page has different pricing displayed. You're point about labeling first year vs renewal is still a valid point - just wanted to let you know

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

JesseW
Community Manager

Thanks for bringing up this issue @dbriere and @PL281. Something definitely doesn't seem quite right with that information. I have sent this to our website team for review. This should hopefully be addressed soon. I'll update here if I have any other information. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.
TLH

Hi @dbriere,

Thanks for your patience on this issue. Our developers are working on an error found on pricing for a few TLDs on the Discount Domain Club screen. The pricing is for one/first year only, but does not yet reference that distinction. If you encounter the issue again, please call our customer support team, so they can adjust for any errors to the front-of-site pricing. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us