cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

When did GoDaddy stop calling when there might be a problem with an account?

I have but one question, when did GoDaddy stop calling when there might be a problem with an account. Due to a change in expiration date on my card billing did not go through. used to be they would call, this time they sent an email along with all the other junk they send so i overlooked it. My fault, I get it. I guess I had become so accustom to them calling regularly to sell me an upgrade or just check my account I thought I would never have to worry. they told me that it changed somewhere between 300,000 and 3 million customers when I asked when they stopped contacting customers. This says to me that they no longer need me. Was there a management change? What happened? Well they had me over a barrel and for convenience sake during a time of recovery from a surgery I chose to go with one more year but guessing this is going to be my last. Has GoDaddy just become too big for their customers who have been with them for over 15 years?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User II

@marshmutt 

While your frustration is understandable, it is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure their payments for products are up to date. They have an intricate email notification system, when not ignored, will ensure you never lose service.

In close to 20 years, I've never once lost service due to GoDaddy not letting me know I owed them money, I promise you. They are a business, they want to continue getting my money, so they've always kept me aware as long as I did my part.

Also, GoDaddy does still call people, every single day, to check on their accounts. With a workforce on the phones that numbers around 5,000 or so, I'm sure you can understand how hard it would be to call all 18.5 million of their customers every time they decided not to read through their email properly.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @marshmutt. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation. I've been with GoDaddy as an employee since 2009. In that time I've only ever heard of us contacting "some" customers via telephone regarding billing issues. If there was a time when we called every customer regarding a failed billing, it hasn't been for quite some time. I know that doesn't help with your present situation, but I did want to provide some context. I do know that we call as many customers as we can for these types of situations. Also, one reason that we won't call a customer that has a failed billing attempt is if they have chosen to not receive calls in their contact preferences settings. You can check these settings by visiting this page

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II

@marshmutt 

While your frustration is understandable, it is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure their payments for products are up to date. They have an intricate email notification system, when not ignored, will ensure you never lose service.

In close to 20 years, I've never once lost service due to GoDaddy not letting me know I owed them money, I promise you. They are a business, they want to continue getting my money, so they've always kept me aware as long as I did my part.

Also, GoDaddy does still call people, every single day, to check on their accounts. With a workforce on the phones that numbers around 5,000 or so, I'm sure you can understand how hard it would be to call all 18.5 million of their customers every time they decided not to read through their email properly.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Just not what it used to be and I was in a false sense of security.   Yes, it is my responsibility and going forward I now have the opportunity to look for other options.   The night and day difference between what GoDaddy was and is now is very clear to me.  No worries.  There are many good options out there.

Hi @marshmutt. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation. I've been with GoDaddy as an employee since 2009. In that time I've only ever heard of us contacting "some" customers via telephone regarding billing issues. If there was a time when we called every customer regarding a failed billing, it hasn't been for quite some time. I know that doesn't help with your present situation, but I did want to provide some context. I do know that we call as many customers as we can for these types of situations. Also, one reason that we won't call a customer that has a failed billing attempt is if they have chosen to not receive calls in their contact preferences settings. You can check these settings by visiting this page

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.