cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    HTMLhack
    Getting Started

Godaddy Auctions - need customer feedback

I recently found out that the only way to sell a domain on Godaddy was to sign up and pay for Godaddy Auctions. (It used to be free to list domains for sale, now one has to pay up front.)

Has anyone had a positive experience with this, and is it the ONLY way to sell a domain registered and held through Godaddy? 

Thanks in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    TLH

Hi @HTMLhack,

Welcome to the Community!

No, you don't need to have your domains registered with GoDaddy in order to place them in the auction here. Keep in mind that the necessity to transfer them from another Registrar to the buyer at GoDaddy will make it take a bit longer to complete the total transaction. The domain must not be expiring within 90 days, and it's best that it's been registered for over 60 days if at another Registrar (as it will have an ICANN lock against transfer).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

The fee structure for GoDaddy Auctions is pretty straight forward.  The annual fee covers the listings, then there's a tiered commission if it sells.

https://auctions.godaddy.com/trppricing.aspx

4 REPLIES 4
    Nate
    Super User I

Many people have had good luck listing their domain on GoDaddy Auctions, but you are free to list your domain on a different market (note only one auction at a time).  The annual fee includes standard listings and helps cover the network.

TLH

Hi @HTMLhack,

Welcome to the Community!

No, you don't need to have your domains registered with GoDaddy in order to place them in the auction here. Keep in mind that the necessity to transfer them from another Registrar to the buyer at GoDaddy will make it take a bit longer to complete the total transaction. The domain must not be expiring within 90 days, and it's best that it's been registered for over 60 days if at another Registrar (as it will have an ICANN lock against transfer).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support
    HTMLhack
    Getting Started

All of my domains that I want to list for sale are held by Godaddy. As posted elsewhere:

So what category is "available for free" for selling a domain? Did you know that recently Godaddy eliminated free "Premium Listings"? [Yes, it used to be FREE, now it is not, apparently.] I cannot add new domains for sale there or change existing listings to renew, which is why I called Godaddy last week and after the tech person had to go ask someone else, the answer was "you now have to pay up front for Godaddy Auctions to list any domains for sale". I had been getting errors "Requested action cannot be performed by your account" when trying to add domains to free Premium Listings. Someone should get their story straight here, it seems there is no support or clarity on selling domains through Godaddy. Really irritating, since money can be made by both Godaddy and customers selling domains, if it were obvious how to do it, how much the listings are, who sees them, after-sale fees, etc. The documentation on Premium Listings does not clear things up for me at all. Suggest Godaddy mack it crystal clear how to sell a domain, how much, who sees the listings, etc. as above. 

The fee structure for GoDaddy Auctions is pretty straight forward.  The annual fee covers the listings, then there's a tiered commission if it sells.

https://auctions.godaddy.com/trppricing.aspx