Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Buying & Selling Domains
  • Buying & Selling Domains

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Wrong information regard Domain auctions

Hello i Bought domain from Godaddy auctions but after a 15days once my domain is not transfer i try to talk with support ( chat agent ) 
    We talk about Domain buy from Auction , Initially Agent is said take 7 to 14days on transfer process i wait till 7days ( but agent is said mail to auction team as well, i send them mail after 48 hours ) But after 7days i ask again with agent they Again said Mail to auctions@godaddy.com they solve your problem but i inform them i dont hear back from Auction team until but still they stick wait another 7days, i get back them again after 7days (14days of initial purchase ) but they said same as before wait more and More , I share them article https://in.godaddy.com/help/understanding-godaddy-auctions-payment-transactions-909
    here Clear Godaddy manetion it will take 15days Maximum and open dispute if not received but once i asked agent regard it they refused my request and continue say same think ( like robot ) mail to auction they will help me but action team is not reply me any of my email until , even i mail them twice a time frist mail sent 11days ago and second mail 4days ago , but still Chat agent is said , Wait for a week ( total 21days from initial purchase ), also no one give me solution ,no support, no any way to get back money , Totally worst and waste of time, 
    I Suggest community improve process and correct the information on website as well as , Give some access to chat agents, 
    Godaddy Agents is Talk like Primary school child ( not power and informations )  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @davidfannylove,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear you are having trouble receiving a reply from our auctions team. Please be sure to check your spam folder for any emails that may have been filtered out there. 

If you purchase any domain through active auctions (not expired auctions), it means that there's a seller behind the domain. Though there are rules set up for that seller, there are occasions when they are either refusing to transfer, can't transfer, or they remove their domain for sale. (These actions will often have them suspended.) We can assure you that GoDaddy is not interested in "holding your money" during your wait for the domain, for any purpose other than your purchase. However, there is time needed for payment verification, escrow holds, and review of any failed action from the seller. Then, because GoDaddy has no interest in charging you for something they could not obtain from the buyer, they refund your money back to your payment method.

If you have further questions regarding this transaction, please reply to any response that the auction team has provided.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us
    3 REPLIES 3
    justingodfrey
    Rockstar II

@davidfannylove All auction listings are different on when you receive the domain. If its a private seller then you're probably waiting on the owner to transfer the domain to you. Go into your auctions.godaddy.com dashboard and click on "won" and let me know what the status says for the domain.

---

Hello
    I dont have Godaddy Auction Membership, we just bought domain from Auction options, at the option like BuyNow options
    But my concern is different , Miss leading information is serve by all support and Technical person also your chat team is said mail to auction they help you in it , once i mail no one reply over a 15days ( we sent mail twice a time in 15days ) after that discuss within call , Tech is Rudely said wait 15 to 20 days once i share him , article regard auction domain transfer threshold period is 15days , so executive talk rudely and said That information is wrong you have to wait 20days 
    Everyone is just miss leading , even my reason chat executive dont have access to see matter and i try to talk With US support so they just said wait nothing else 

But after a 22 days Wait my Payment is Refund ( without solutions) thanks to hold my money and use it for 22 days period without give me any interest on it approx 100$ ( if you do this with your 5m customer so you can hold $500m for a month and keep carry on ) Nice method of Business

Thanks 

Hi @davidfannylove,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear you are having trouble receiving a reply from our auctions team. Please be sure to check your spam folder for any emails that may have been filtered out there. 

If you purchase any domain through active auctions (not expired auctions), it means that there's a seller behind the domain. Though there are rules set up for that seller, there are occasions when they are either refusing to transfer, can't transfer, or they remove their domain for sale. (These actions will often have them suspended.) We can assure you that GoDaddy is not interested in "holding your money" during your wait for the domain, for any purpose other than your purchase. However, there is time needed for payment verification, escrow holds, and review of any failed action from the seller. Then, because GoDaddy has no interest in charging you for something they could not obtain from the buyer, they refund your money back to your payment method.

If you have further questions regarding this transaction, please reply to any response that the auction team has provided.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us