cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Advice on parking my domain. anna delvey dot com

Why was this marked as spam? Maybe because of the web URL's?

So I recently used the site builder to create a kind of launch page for my domain. I don't know anything about web developing, well, very little.  I used to build websites in the early nineties but I have cognitive issues now and it's overwhelming to me. So much has changed. So many rules and whatnot. I can't learn it all over again.

My website is annadelvey.com A Netflix series based on Anna is being produced by the writer of Grey's Anatomy(Shonda Rhimes) so my domain could possibly be an earner when it comes to be auctioned off, or even parking.

Can I park that domain using the page I created already with ads or would GoDaddy simply create their own page to park it in? *ANY* advice would be appreciated. And I mean ANYTHING. What are my options for a website that could potentially be lucrative? What can I do with this?

Adsense won't monetize it because there is no actual content on the page and I am not sure I could create original content for the page, so looking into other options for earning. I am sure the page would get a massive amount of traffic once the series comes out. Casting has already begun. 

Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see how I got the domain. It's funny actually. 

Thank you!

- Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Haligonian,

You're also welcome to purchase an GoDaddy Auction membership and place the domain up for sale. The membership is a mere $4.99 and gives you further abilities to buy and sell domains. You may also want to list it for sale as a Premium domain if you feel there are a select set of buyers for it. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Haligonian,

Welcome to the Community!

If you "park" a domain name, it will resolve to a GoDaddy page that notes it as being "parked" and not directed to an active website. You will not have any control over any ads placed on that site. However, if you wanted to purchase the Cash Parking program, you would be paid for any clicks resulting from the ads placed there. This program usually works best when you have a large number of domains to add.

If you are in the US and want to build a website - or splash page-  with a Websites+Marketing plan, you can use Google Adsense with a standard or Premium plan. Or you can run your own affiliate ads with the addition of their html code on the page. 

Thank you for the reply. I honestly don't know how I should go about developing this site. Like creating content for it that isn't just links to articles or galleries. Content has to be all original, right? Maybe I'll park this next pay and use that as an indicator to see how i want to go with it. I also live cheque to cheque so I don't have much money to spend. Especially if the site is going to end up going nowhere. The name of it is great tho(I think. LOL). I am thinking when the series comes out the parked version may even do okay. I dunno.

Thanks again!

Hi @Haligonian,

You're also welcome to purchase an GoDaddy Auction membership and place the domain up for sale. The membership is a mere $4.99 and gives you further abilities to buy and sell domains. You may also want to list it for sale as a Premium domain if you feel there are a select set of buyers for it. 

View solution in original post

Thank is likely the route I will go. Thank you!