cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Need expert suggestions for a critical decision on a domain please.

Hello, I chose the location "domain investing" simply because I need some serious help making a critical domain name decision.  I will not hold you/yours responsible and I am making it clear up front that you are not making a domain name decision for me, you are only helping me to "see" what I need to see in order to have an expert, super effective domain name that catches/grasps my general audience immediately.

Let me tell you briefly what I do and have done since 2004.  I do in public, on site, hands on public human rescue of the homeless, battered, and/or most often critically mentally ill persons.  Basically I am the first responder to what the given person considers their crisis.  It is my job as a nonprofit to circumvent further destructive type client behaviors and redirect to appropriate professionals.

I guess the first thing that comes to my mind here is that what people IMMEDIATELY see in my domain name or as part of my domain name MUST IMMEDIATELY convey caring, concern and human hope.

I also cover a large, mainly the State of Kansas, midwest regional area.

So what are your thoughts initially.  Please private message me also because I am hearing impaired.  Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

Let me make it clear that I do NOT have large amounts of money for a true domain name "investment" which is why basically I am asking for voluntary creative skills from you all tonight - what I call domain experts of all type.  Whether or not you work for Go Daddy....

Best, 

Erik

Hearing impaired. Please also private message if you would. Thanks, Erik...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Need expert suggestions for a critical decision on a domain please.

@bimalelawrence 

What you want to do is brainstorm what terms work for what you do and then see what is available.   You can do this by using the GoDaddy WhoIs to see what is available.

For example based on what you said, I checked two domains:

CaringConcernHope.com

CaringConcernHope.org

Both are currently available for purchase.   If you are a non profit -- go with the .org.   If you can afford it buy the .com as well, then forward that to the .org for folks who out of habit may type .com.  Plus you then prevent folks finding another site about something else or that is a competitor.

When it comes to domains there are a few things to consider:

=> Short, sweet, memorable.

=> Easy to remember and spell. Avoid words easily typo'd.

=> Get the .com if possible because that's what most folks think of.

You can also use a service like NameBoy where you enter a few words and the site generates domain ideas.

HTH! 😉   Will PM you too.

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@bimalelawrence 

What you want to do is brainstorm what terms work for what you do and then see what is available.   You can do this by using the GoDaddy WhoIs to see what is available.

For example based on what you said, I checked two domains:

CaringConcernHope.com

CaringConcernHope.org

Both are currently available for purchase.   If you are a non profit -- go with the .org.   If you can afford it buy the .com as well, then forward that to the .org for folks who out of habit may type .com.  Plus you then prevent folks finding another site about something else or that is a competitor.

When it comes to domains there are a few things to consider:

=> Short, sweet, memorable.

=> Easy to remember and spell. Avoid words easily typo'd.

=> Get the .com if possible because that's what most folks think of.

You can also use a service like NameBoy where you enter a few words and the site generates domain ideas.

HTH! 😉   Will PM you too.

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New

Would love to know your final decision

essee