Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
munchy
Novice

Question about new domain and godaddy auction

Hi,

I just registered a new domain at godaddy.com, but my purpose was to sell it for profit. So I am planning to get the godaddy auction to promote my domain.

So my question here is, do I still need to wait for 60 days to sell this new registered domain if I sell it in godaddy auction marketplace? 

I know that I can't transfer to other registrar, due to lock for 60 days. But how about godaddy to godaddy account? Do I need to wait for 60 days too?

3 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Solution

Re: Question about new domain and godaddy auction

The "60 day" is not a GoDaddy thing, that is a ICANN thing. First off there is no guarantee that whoever wins your auction will even want to have the domain on GoDaddy. I was just commenting the other day that I usually only list domains for sale for the middle eight months for this very reason. Not that you can't sell a domain whenever but transferring it out will be an issue. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

munchy
Novice

How about push? 

If I registered new domain in godaddy and I push the domain to another domain. For push do I need to wait for 60 days also?

Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Solution

You know what? I don't actually know what specific rules apply from one GoDaddy account to another? Check out Move a domain to another GoDaddy account I can't really tell you if something is possible but that's a good read. Happy domaining!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head