Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
RNC
New

Domain Renewal Cost

I bought a domain from GoDaddy 2 years ago. I also purchased a professional email service for 1 yr. Recently, I had to renew my email. When I checked few weeks ago, I was getting a discount on my email renewal but I choose to renew it later. But when I checked after 1-2 weeks later, the discount code which I was applying said that it can only be applied for new purchases and the discount which I was receiving earlier also went away. So, I had to pay extra for the service which was high compared to the price I paid when I bought it and what I was getting earlier in renewal. I contact GoDaddy but they are insensitive and will not give you any discount saying this is the only price available.

Seriourly, @Godaddy , you are trying to loot your loyal customers? 

Now, I have my domain to renew but they are charging ridiculous price for another 2 year! I bought the domain for round 1250 INR for 2 years and Private Domain service for 136 INR for 1 Yr. Now, they are charging me about 2400 INR for 2 yr Domain and 500 INR for Private Domain. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!! 

Why are you people not giving a fair price for your loyal customers??? I will definitely move my domain and all the services if they don't offer me a good price. There are lots of other service provider in the market.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User II

As we are not GoDaddy employees I would always recommend doing what is best for your own business.  The regular price is what you would normally pay, the discounted sales are special.  Many other web hosts operate like this and it is not uncommon in other industries with reoccurring billing like telephone, internet, cable, etc. Where plans start out with an introductory offer to give you a chance to test out the service to see if you like it, and if you do that transitions to the normal price.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nate
Super User II

Sales are great but you can not rely on there always being a sale when you want to renew.

I certainly understand that. But still they should consider fair price for their existing customers. Heck, I should have gone with other service provider. Many people complained about Godaddy but I still went with them. God what was I thinking!!! Time to move to what people were recommending.

rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Predicting GoDaddy sales is a stage and very confusing thing @RNC. You'd be better advised to figure out the fluctuation of the stock market. If you see a GoDaddy sale then buy. The good thing about GoDaddy is you don't lose out on anything even if your renewal overlaps because the renewal term is just added to your existing term. If it's February and you see .COM domains on sale you can renew even if your domain isn't due to renew next until July 2021. What you then end up having is a domain that will expire next in July 2022. 

Like @Nate said counting on sales prices are tricky but please take advantage of sales. I encourage clients to buy for as long s term as they can afford. I have confidence that when I pay for a GoDaddy five year term, GoDaddy will be around in five years. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

What you say is true but I have to look at my budget as well. If I had, I would have taken the domain for 5 years and also renewed it when I was getting the deal. But, since I was getting the deal (discount) I thought I would do it later. Who knew they would remove that discount and charged way way more?? Godaddy has lost my respect within just a short time and I was thinking I am set with my domain service provider and would not have to look for anyone else. I was wrong on so many levels.

Nate
Super User II

As we are not GoDaddy employees I would always recommend doing what is best for your own business.  The regular price is what you would normally pay, the discounted sales are special.  Many other web hosts operate like this and it is not uncommon in other industries with reoccurring billing like telephone, internet, cable, etc. Where plans start out with an introductory offer to give you a chance to test out the service to see if you like it, and if you do that transitions to the normal price.

View solution in original post