cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain forwarding Not Working - Page cannot be displayed

Hiya,

I purchased the domain name and wanted to forward it to another website.  It was working fine, however I had an email about website builder (Free trial) lapsed and did I want to renew it?  I don't need a website builder as I already have a website set up, I just want to forward my domain to it.  I don't understand why it has stopped working? I followed the instructions on Domain setting page, and forwarding to any site.... Any ideas as to why this has stopped working please?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain forwarding Not Working - Page cannot be displayed

@Pennyhackney wrote:

Hiya,

I purchased the domain name and wanted to forward it to another website.  It was working fine, however I had an email about website builder (Free trial) lapsed and did I want to renew it?  I don't need a website builder as I already have a website set up, I just want to forward my domain to it.  I don't understand why it has stopped working? I followed the instructions on Domain setting page, and forwarding to any site.... Any ideas as to why this has stopped working please?

@Pennyhackney So you have a website already setup and simply want to setup forwarding from the domain you just bought to your existing site? The instructions are here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123

Please note, once forwarding is setup it can take 24-48 hours to be fully active.

---

Solution

Hi @Pennyhackney

It sounds like the IP address of the domain needs to be updated. Check out the instructions here to make sure your domain is set to the right forwarding IP address.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

hello sir i add my on domain but it is not works website not be open now what v do now i buy web hotsing only from u gododdy help me plz 

Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're not seeing your website after updating the IP address correctly, it may just be a matter of delayed propagation.  It can take up to 48 hours for any DNS changes to completely propagate worldwide.  If you're still not seeing the site after 48 hours, you'll want to double check the IP address, and make sure the hosting is configured properly to use that domain name.  Thanks!

MPC