cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

The receiving email server outside Office 365 reported an error.

I have purchased a go daddy domain.

I pay each month for the go daddy email.

Several of the people I send to, reject the email with the message "When Office 365 tried to send your message, the receiving email server outside Office 365 reported an error."

I do not get this problem when sending from any of my other email addresses to the same destination emails, so clearly the problem is at the go daddy end. This makes the go daddy email service and the domain of NO VALUE TO ME.

Can anyone help ?

If the message below seems garbled it is because this go daddy forum CHANGES what I typed because "invalid HTML was found". How on earth is anyone going to get anything fixed, if it is not possible to actually paste the correct details of the error ? Perhaps go daddy could get their clever technical heads out of their incredibily clever bottoms and actually fix this kind of stuff. I am not a technical person any more, I just want to purchase a domain and send an email...

Detail :

Error Details

Reported error:

550 5.0.350 Remote server returned an error -> 550 SC-001 (SNT004-MC7F18) Unfortunately, messages from 104.47.117.229 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

DSN generated by:

SY3PR01MB1355.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com

Remote server:

SNT004-MC7F18.hotmail.com

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: The receiving email server outside Office 365 reported an error.

Based on the details you provided, that IP in that message is what is blacklisted:

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist:104.47.117.229&run=problempage

If that is your IP it appears to have some spam issues. GoDaddy has no control over the blacklists or how they gather their data. You can learn more on the above site.

What you can do now is follow the DETAILS buttons on the above page and put in manual requests to have your IP removed. 

However, if it is a shared IP, there could be bad actors also using that IP that could cause this.  In that case, you'll want to see about getting a dedicated IP to minimize this from happening again.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

I have the same problem as the first replier.  The error I receive is :

"When Office 365 tried to send your message, the receiving email server outside Office 365 reported an error."

contactOffice 365 
Sender Action Required
  Policy violation or system error

This is random, and is definitely causing problems with reaching customers.  I have to use my personal gmail account which is far from professional when running a business.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?  Asking prospective customers and to work with their email admin isn't a viable option.

Thanks for helping!

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@smhart

First you need to confirm if your IP is blacklisted.  That's the Policy Violation part.   Did you do that?  Go to MxToolBox and check to eliminate that. 

If your IP is not blacklisted and the receiving server has errors, you have to bring it to your contact's attention as you have no control over outside servers.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison