cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

need a wp-config-sample.php file to work from. Please re-upload this file to your WordPress installa

This website was cyber attacked last year by unknown party or parties. Destroyed our newsletter editor's hard drive twice. Been on hiatus ever since. $600 in repairs.

Unable to access account. Message reads: 

"Sorry, I need a wp-config-sample.php file to work from. Please re-upload this file to your WordPress installation."

Have no idea how to "re-upload file to your WordPress installation."  Can you please help?

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: need a wp-config-sample.php file to work from. Please re-upload this file to your WordPress inst

@JimmyPoe67 

Something about that seems strange - I've never seen that message before - I would recommend deleting the wordpress core files and re-installing wordpress - make sure you know your database user and password

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: need a wp-config-sample.php file to work from. Please re-upload this file to your WordPress inst

Thank you for your response. Due to my limited computer skills, I must ask how to accomplish "recommend deleting the wordpress core files and re-installing wordpress." I appreciate your recommendation!

JP

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@JimmyPoe67 

Some of this will depend on what type of server you are on - Managed WordPress / cPanel or something else. 

You need to do this via FTP / file manager (assuming cPanel) - I suggest that you may want to get some assistance with this if you are not technical so that you don't break your site further or lose any data.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community