cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Adding a page in Website Builder

(Using Website Builder vNext)

Is it possible to add a page without it showing in the navigation bar?  I would like to link it only to a button or word elsewhere in the site.

7 REPLIES 7
    New
    Solution

Re: Adding a page in Website Builder

Never mind, figured it out myself.

Helper I

@mjw72 wrote:

Never mind, figured it out myself.

How'd you manage that?

@mjw72

Yeah, exactly how did you manage this? I've been looking for the solution everywhere and if it is not present may actually be a deal-breaker for me with this service. Surely it's not that hard to do? That and a blogging section. I mean, I like it but if this basic functionality is not there it's a waste of money and time.

New

If I remember correctly, there's a lot of steps, but easy:

On the top bar (on my main page) is a white dropdown box. Mine says "Home". Clicking on it opens menu. Click add new page. Another box opens for you to name your new page. Add name.  It should appear on navigation bar.

Now right click in the nav bar, click "setting" icon. Nav settings box opens. Click "edit menu". Box opens -- scroll to find page you just named. To the right of it, there will be an "eye" icon (show/hide). Click to show or hide that page. Click save.  Page should be gone from nav bar.

@mjw72

I've tried your instructions a couple times, but I'm apparently not in the right place. I don't ever see the eye I'm supposed to be clicking on. Any chance you could help a newb and provide a screen shot?

New

Not sure how to add image here. Give me an email address and I'll send screen shot.

I'm using "Website Builder Business".  If your's is different, you might not have the option to hide page from nav bar.

Solution

The key is clicking on the navigation bar or page selector and select settings.  On the lower left of the settings dialog box is Edit Menu.  This is where to find it.

Edit Menu.jpg