• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Does GoDaddy do a good job of transferring my website to new version?

Now that we have to transfer our old website version to GoDaddy's new version, they have offered to do it for me(us) for about $200.  I have only five pages. Has anybody allowed them to do this for their website?  Did they do a good job?

2 REPLIES 2
    Advocate VI

When you say "transfer" do you mean just moving the current site to a new hosting package (just moving the files), or is it being converted from one system to another? In the second case, that would clearly require some actual work beyond just downloading and uploading files. In that case, $200 does not sound like much of a cost.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@hindend wrote:

Now that we have to transfer our old website version to GoDaddy's new version, they have offered to do it for me(us) for about $200.  I have only five pages. Has anybody allowed them to do this for their website?  Did they do a good job?

That seems like around what I would charge to transfer a website BUT if they are transferring their website to my company then I will complete the transfer for free. $200 maybe a great price for larger websites with databases, huge file structures... but for a five page website? Not even. Can't you transfer it yourself @hindend? I'm assuming there isn't much involved?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head