• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Not sure what type of site I need

I want to create a language website, but I want to something just somewhat simple at first and to build up to something more complex in the future.  Basically, I'd have an information page and then after that I would have grammar guides for learning in different categories. 

I had a meeting with a web design company a few days ago and they said it would cost me about £1000 for something like that, but I'm wondering if it would even be worth it and if I could use the website builder that Godaddy provides or if it's not realistic to be able to use it.  Bear in mind I don't know much about websites, and all I am is a guy with some money to invest who is willing to learn.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Not sure what type of site I need

Hey there @MR6 

I do believe the GoCentral website builder would work great for your purposes unless you're looking to charge for this service. If it's simply informational, then absolutely, GoCentral is super easy to use and set up. Otherwise, this type of site would be better suited for something like WordPress or Joomla most likely. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

@MrVapor Can I use both the website builder and wordpress on the same domain?  For example, maybe I could use the website builder just for the front page and then use Wordpress for more detailed stuff?  Also, when it comes to what I would like, which is the best software?  Like If I want a site with an online dictionary, and other interactive features?

Super User III
    Super User III

@MR6 

Yes, you can. You would use the primary domain on the GoCentral Website, then you would purchase some hosting and install a WordPress installation on a subdomain of the primary domain (i.e. blog.domain.com, features.domain.com, etc.)

The downside here is if you wanted the WordPress installation to have an SSL, you would have to purchase that separately. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community