Looking for tips and tools to secure a website? You’ve come to the right place!
The resources on this page are aimed at helping you to better understand and use the following website security tools:
- SSL certificates — from understanding the basics of SSL to learning how to install an SSL certificate on cPanel hosting and enable HTTPS on a server.
- Website backups and secure storage — from the “why” of daily website backups to step-by-step instructions for backing up a WordPress website.
- Scanning and monitoring tools — including what to look for in a website monitoring service and how website scans can help secure a website against malware and other security threats.
- Malware and virus removal — including a roundup of the best malware and virus removal tools.
- Web application firewall and content delivery network (CDN) — including a primer on how to choose a website firewall and how to stop a DDoS attack that’s in progress.
- Stronger passwords — including best practices for creating hack-proof passwords for a more secure website.
These website security tools can protect your website from online security threats such as various types of malware, DDoS attacks and email phishing scams, among others. Plus, securing a website with an SSL certificate helps build trust with website visitors.
Ready to learn more about tools designed to secure websites? Let’s dig in!