One of the key ways every society bonds is over food. Sharing a meal with family members is a powerful way of cementing our ties to one another. But the COVID-19 pandemic has recently forced us to socially distance ourselves and stay at home. If your small business is a restaurant, bakery, beverage shop or bar, you’ve probably lost most of your dine-in customers.
But there are ways of keeping your business open even if you’ve lost foot traffic.
GoDaddy partners closely and offers discounts with ChowNow, for instance. Set up and integration with ChowNow is easy and fast — you can get up and running in days, not weeks, and discounts for GoDaddy customers can make this affordable.
Using an online ordering system along with the Online Appointment Scheduling feature from your Websites + Marketing account will make it easy to serve your customers in these new times of social distancing.
Offering online ordering can help you create a safe and effective way to retain some of your foot traffic revenue.
Depending on the region, customers either don’t want to dine out or are requested not to do so. They’ve been asked to stay away from people outside their family circle, so dealing with an in-person payment exchange or any other interaction is discouraged when possible.
Offering online ordering can help you create a safe and effective way to retain some revenue.
Offer safe alternatives
Stay competitive and up-to-date with online ordering features such as direct website ordering, plus customizable and easy-to-use dashboards to streamline your business.
Respond to rapidly changing directives by keeping your customers informed and educated.
By shifting away from a dine-in model, you can instill a sense of trust and dependability with your customers in uncertain times.
If you’ve got extra food or ingredients, consider setting up PayPal and selling take-out groceries through a menu, since people can be frustrated with grocery shortages.
With most online ordering systems, you can even analyze your POS data to understand where you can save money on food costs and nix unpopular items.
GoDaddy customers are currently getting special offers from ChowNow:
- $100 discount on setup fees
- Speed–start taking orders within days of your menu being distributed
- Free Google orders for the 1st month (usually a 10% fee)
- Unlimited orders from website and mobile apps
- Marketing launch package, plus free email blast and social media graphic to promote takeout
- Waived fees for orders on eat.chownow.com/discover/
Sign up at https://get.chownow.com/godaddy
- You’ll need to set up a meeting with your restaurant success manager (ChowNow will assign one to you) to get started – often on the same day of sign-up
- ChowNow offers 24/7 customer support and a dedicated Restaurant Success Manager
WordPress + online ordering
If you want more options, here’s how to make your WordPress site work with other online ordering platforms:
- Install an eCommerce plugin like WooCommerce to add functionality to your site (most eCommerce plugins can be installed on nearly any WordPress site, including our WordPress Hosting plans).
- Pro-tips for restaurants:
- If you need to configure other delivery or pick-up options, WooCommerce has you covered:
- Use a Contact Form plugin for WordPress to collect your orders.
- If you don’t already have an SSL certificate installed on your site, you’ll need to add one.
That’s it! Your WordPress site will now be set to handle online ordering, pickup and delivery.
You have a unique opportunity to both keep your business afloat and build loyalty and faith in your customer base.
Food is linked to comfort, and in these unpredictable times, it’s important to keep customers connected to your services. You have a unique opportunity to both keep your business afloat and build loyalty and faith in your customer base.
Take this time to restructure your business model by using an online ordering system and the power of Online Appointment Scheduling together. COVID-19 is currently putting pressure on all small businesses, but it’s important not to give up! You’ll survive this crisis and in the process, build stronger relationships with your customers.
You can do this!
If you need a helping hand, we’re here for you.
- Check out our How-To videos for content aimed at helping you navigate through COVID-19.
- Looking for stories and inspiration? Visit the GoDaddy YouTube channel.
- Dig into resources on the GoDaddy blog.
- Connect with like-minded people in our #OpenWeStand community forum.
- Find answers to product questions in our Help Center.
- Call or chat with one of our GoDaddy Guides.
Above all, have faith in yourself. We have faith in you.