Assign product-specific tax codes
Assign product-specific tax codes for the things you sell. That way AvaTax can accurately calculate the applicable sales tax amount for you and your customers during checkout. If you don't assign a specific tax code, Avalara will charge the standard sales tax rates for your product.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website or store.
- On your Dashboard, select Commerce, and then select Products.
- Select an item to edit an existing product or select Add for a new physical product or digital product.
- Under Tax category, select the drop-down menu.
- Either choose an existing tax code to assign to that product or select Search more tax codes.
- If you're adding a new tax code, start typing the type of goods or services that applies to your item.
- Select the description that best matches your item from the list that appears, then select Add tax code.
Note: If you'd like to see all your options, browse and search Avalara Tax Codes.