Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Escalating a problem: is there an official godaddy email to make a formal complaint?

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum, and I wish it were for a better reason but we've had a number of database failures on our server, followed by an 'expert service review' (which cost money) which was meant to fix the problem, however we had another database failure yesterday.

My boss wants to put a formal letter of complaint together detailing the incidents and asking for an esculation in attempting to provide an answer to what is happening to our server - we run a helpline and chat service for suicidal men so the implications of downtime in our service could be very serious.

If anyone could help me with any method of contacting godaddy in writing (email or webform) I would very much appreciate it.

Many Thanks

James Smith

Web Developer

thecalmzone.net

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ML
Employee
Employee

Hi @thecalmzone,

GoDaddy does not offer email support, as it was discontinued in favor of live chat support after serious consideration.  This was done in the hopes of providing a timelier response.

If you do feel you have a concern that you think should be reviewed more in-depth, our customer care supervisors are empowered to take ownership of these types of situations.   They can either resolve it themselves, or make sure that it gets in front of the right people to attempt to solve it.

Hope that helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support

View solution in original post

Hey @justingodfrey,

Appreciate the feedback.  That's certainly not the "timely" response we're hoping to give, and we'll make sure to pass this info along to the correct folks. It might be possible there was a spike in traffic due to an issue affecting a chunk of our users.

If you're seeing a backlog like that going forward, I would most definitely reach out to our 24/7 support via phone.

7 REPLIES 7
ML
Employee
Employee

Hi @thecalmzone,

GoDaddy does not offer email support, as it was discontinued in favor of live chat support after serious consideration.  This was done in the hopes of providing a timelier response.

If you do feel you have a concern that you think should be reviewed more in-depth, our customer care supervisors are empowered to take ownership of these types of situations.   They can either resolve it themselves, or make sure that it gets in front of the right people to attempt to solve it.

Hope that helps.

I wouldn't bother with live chat they are waste of time..maybe they scrapped the complaints by email because too many were being received!!

@ML wrote:

Hi @thecalmzone,

Hope that helps.

@ML that's pretty silly. The only way you get attentitive support is you have a Godaddy rep, which thankfully I do. I logged onto the live chat yesterday to solve a quick problem with my auction account and I was number "54" in line. 

Hey @justingodfrey,

Appreciate the feedback.  That's certainly not the "timely" response we're hoping to give, and we'll make sure to pass this info along to the correct folks. It might be possible there was a spike in traffic due to an issue affecting a chunk of our users.

If you're seeing a backlog like that going forward, I would most definitely reach out to our 24/7 support via phone.

Hi 

I have a big problem officials in godaddy made some changes in my host as a result all my add domain are giving 403 Forbidden error.

Neither you are helping as well as my call is being disconnected who do I escalate????

Regards

Your team doesn't even know you can't email.  What a joke.  Your company is a total waist of time.  

Bmacpher
New

Interesting as I came to the page wanting to know the same thing. After waiting on the telephone listening to music for 20 minutes to get a "Customer Support Person" who couldn't be bothered to take a customer number and pin correctly, then couldn't listen to the problem correctly and went off on a completely different tack, then told me I had to use a different browser (and was quite rude about it). Now I find that there is no recourse to a higher authority!