cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginsuer
New

ONSLAUGHT OF SPAM CALLERS & EMAIL AFTER PURCHASING ADD'L DOMAIN

I purchased a "follow-on" domain on 7/20/18, after having been a GoDaddy customer for over 12 years.

I've never had any issues...no one has ever bothered me... I had one "legitimate" phone call from an interested party that wished to purchase one of my domains in over 12 years, which resulted in a very successful negotiation and sale.

since July 20th...I have had 10-20 phone calls on my cell phone a day, PLUS, intrusions into my email from a group claiming to provide either "domain services" or "website services". They use numbers that appear local, they use numbers from all the states, and Canada...they use numbers that make no sense on caller ID (797-966 and 349761349726). I answered the first few, because this is also my business phone. I have been polite and asked them to remove me from their call lists--they keep calling--always with the same speel--calling me by full name, mentioning my domain name recently purchased and then trying to sell something to do with domains--it's hard to understand them as they have very heavy accents.

I am no longer polite. I am blocking their numbers, as fast as I can--they still call. I'm sending the emails to spam folder. The point being... they are trolling the registries and I find it extremely suspect that SUDDENLY after this many years, I am having to deal with this issue so soon after purchasing the other domain. They have all my information my name, address, email, phone numbers---so much for GoDaddy's "masking efforts". And yes, I HAVE used the privacy registration, but, again, I have over 100 domains; over 12+ years; some privately registered, some not---I've never had this issue before. FIX IT GoDaddy----or I will be looking for some other place. I am very unhappy..

1 REPLY 1
Sashamae
New

Same here.