cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I want to sell/auction my domain; not seen by potential buyers

I am always checking the status of the domain that I want to sell but it seems I am the only one viewing it. I can only see the domain when I searched it.

On my selling list, when I check the info, I am getting this error:

"An error has occurred, the development staff has been notified. We apologies for any inconvenience"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @HTMLhack,

Welcome to the Community!

Here's a few things to check on your domain. Make sure you've chosen the right category for the domain and completed a description with relevant search words. One category is available for free, but you can purchase 4 additional categories for greater exposure. Be aware that it can take up to 72 hours for your domain auction to be activated and seen by the general public. Make sure your payee method is valid, so you don't hold this activation/listing up. This guide may help you with your listings as well.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Getting Started

I am also having problems selling domains. I called Godaddy and they told me that they now charge up front to sell domains, via "Godaddy Auctions". It used to be free to list a domain for sale, unpromoted (promotions cost extra). I posted a message on here last week asking Godaddy to change this back to free listings, and then if a domain sells they get a cut. No answer. I have no idea whether the Auctions feature is worth paying for, it seems to me one gets nothing since you have to pay even more for promotion or whatever. It would be great if other customers that have had positive experiences could tell us it was worth the effort to sign up. It appears to be the only way now to sell a domain on Godaddy. 

Hi @HTMLhack,

Welcome to the Community!

Here's a few things to check on your domain. Make sure you've chosen the right category for the domain and completed a description with relevant search words. One category is available for free, but you can purchase 4 additional categories for greater exposure. Be aware that it can take up to 72 hours for your domain auction to be activated and seen by the general public. Make sure your payee method is valid, so you don't hold this activation/listing up. This guide may help you with your listings as well.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Getting Started

@TLH So what category is "available for free" for selling a domain? Did you know that recently Godaddy eliminated free "Premium Listings"? I cannot add new domains for sale there or change existing listings to renew, which is why I called Godaddy last week and after the tech person had to go ask someone else, the answer was "you now have to pay up front for Godaddy Auctions to list any domains for sale". I had been getting errors "Requested action cannot be performed by your account" when trying to add domains to free Premium Listings. Someone should get their story straight here, it seems there is no support or clarity on selling domains through Godaddy. Really irritating, since money can be made by both Godaddy and customers selling domains, if it were obvious how to do it, how much the listings are, who sees them, after-sale fees, etc.