Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    cubick
    New

In-Person Local Pickup how can I have this option on product settings?

I saw there is a new In-Person Pickup feature but I don see the select option for it on shipping products settings, does someone have any idea how to offer pickup only?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Muse
    Super User I

@cubick

=> If you also have items that do have shipping charges, your customer will be able to choose the pick-up option on check out for the items they ordered if you have In-Person pickup setup on the Shipping Methods page. 

=> If you want pick-up only for just certain products, you'll want to be very clear in the product description to note that the product is for local pickup only.  You just don't designate any shipping charges by using the "Specify a shipping fee for this item": as 0.00.  That will override any other settings you have on the Shipping Methods page.

=> If you only want to have pick-up only for all products, you just wouldn't set any shipping charges for your products.  Again, you'll need to be uber clear about that so those who order from outside your local area do not expect free shipping from you.

Does this help? 😉

Judith
    "Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

View solution in original post

RachelM
    Community Manager

Hi @cvg,

Here's an article on how to add the local pickup option https://www.godaddy.com/help/using-the-local-pickup-shipping-option-in-quick-shopping-cart-5067. I hope that this helps!! Take care and all the best!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

3 REPLIES 3
    Muse
    Super User I

@cubick

=> If you also have items that do have shipping charges, your customer will be able to choose the pick-up option on check out for the items they ordered if you have In-Person pickup setup on the Shipping Methods page. 

=> If you want pick-up only for just certain products, you'll want to be very clear in the product description to note that the product is for local pickup only.  You just don't designate any shipping charges by using the "Specify a shipping fee for this item": as 0.00.  That will override any other settings you have on the Shipping Methods page.

=> If you only want to have pick-up only for all products, you just wouldn't set any shipping charges for your products.  Again, you'll need to be uber clear about that so those who order from outside your local area do not expect free shipping from you.

Does this help? 😉

Judith
    "Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

I tried this, but when setting the shipping charges to 0.00, I get an error message indicating that the shipping must be greater than 0.   So, is there a way to specify local pickup only, no shipping?   I did indicate this in the description, but the shipping tab insists on a value!

RachelM
    Community Manager

Hi @cvg,

Here's an article on how to add the local pickup option https://www.godaddy.com/help/using-the-local-pickup-shipping-option-in-quick-shopping-cart-5067. I hope that this helps!! Take care and all the best!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.