Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Chris_T
    Getting Started

Missing Statistics for GoDaddy website builder 7

Has GoDaddy eliminated statistics information? About a month ago, my statistics stopped showing daily visits, visitor location info, and source of visitor traffic. Now, all I see are monthly visits. I use GoDaddy website builder v.7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Chris_T  From time to time GoDaddy has to make the difficult decision to end-of-life one of our products or services. This is the case with our daily website statistics view, geolocation data, and referrer data for Website Builder 7. Our technology is constantly changing, and while we understand this change may be frustrating, we do support the integration with Google Analytics for obtaining this information. We did check your account and confirmed that you added the Google Analytics Global Site Tag correctly inside Website Builder, and that it's passing traffic data. We appreciate you as our customer and please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    SG4101
    Employee

Hello @Chris_T and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I was able to locate a GoDaddy PDF for the Website Builder 7 Help Guide. Website Builder 7 is a Legacy product and the only reference to tracking visitors is located on page 79:

Google Analytics lets you monitor visitors to your website by adding code to your site. This service requires a Google Analytics account. If you have not done this before, once you complete the steps on page 79, you should see data in your Analytics account within 24 hours.

Based off of this information, you would still be able to access your visitor information in your Google Analytics account. I hope you find the guide helpful, it also has all information related to Website Builder 7. 

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend 😎.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

Chris_T
    Getting Started

Thanks for your reply. The issue I have, though, is with GoDaddy website builder v7 statistics. A lot of the statistics simply quit appearing about a month ago. I've used Google Analytics for about 3 years. But, it works extremely poorly for me.  

RachelM
    Community Manager

HI @Chris_T,

I'm checking in with our Product team on this for you. Stay tuned as it may be a few days before someone gets back to you. Thanks!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks! Chris

Chris_T
    Getting Started

I wrote 2 weeks ago. I'm still trying to find out if GoDaddy eliminated statistics information for website builder v7 users.    About a month and a half ago ago, my website statistics (GoDaddy, not Google Analytics) stopped showing daily visits, visitor location info, and source of visitor traffic. Now, all I see are monthly visits. I use GoDaddy website builder v7. Are any other Website Builder v7 users having this same issue?

@Chris_T  From time to time GoDaddy has to make the difficult decision to end-of-life one of our products or services. This is the case with our daily website statistics view, geolocation data, and referrer data for Website Builder 7. Our technology is constantly changing, and while we understand this change may be frustrating, we do support the integration with Google Analytics for obtaining this information. We did check your account and confirmed that you added the Google Analytics Global Site Tag correctly inside Website Builder, and that it's passing traffic data. We appreciate you as our customer and please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

View solution in original post

That's what I thought @tjmorris84. Thanks for your response. I found GoDaddy stats extremely accurate. I verified their accuracy many times over the past 15 years or so.  They correlated perfectly with my marketing programs. Google Analytics, unfortunately, does not register 98.5% of my traffic. I suspect it has something to do with Website Builder, v7.